About Show Your Love
- Show Your Love, the first national consumer preconception health resource and social campaign, encourages young adults and their support systems to show love to themselves, their loved ones, and future families by taking control of their health and wellness and becoming educated about optimal preconception health practices and accessibility to care.
- Show Your Love is led by the consumer workgroup of the National Preconception Health and Health Care Initiative (PCHHC), a public-private partnership of over 70 organizations focused on improving the health of young women and men and any children they may choose to have.
- Show Your Love is currently funded by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- PCCHC and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) first launched Show Your Love in February 2013 with research-backed resources and campaign products, found at cdc.gov/preconception/showyourlove.
- Since then, the campaign has expanded as diversified to better resonate with young adults and support them with resources to lead healthy lifestyles and achieve their goals.
- The new resource center, www.ShowYourLoveToday.com, is a clinically-reviewed hub for overall health improvement: from practical information about optimal health behaviors, accessing health care, and the significance of the Well Visits to easily-sharable facts and multimedia that encourages healthy life choices before pregnancy.
Show Your Love Objectives:
- Enabling young adults to efficiently manage their personal and family wellbeing by making realistic healthy lifestyles improvements daily
- Educating young adults and their loved ones about tools, resources, and specific options available to support healthy lifestyles
- Bridging the gap in access or communication between young adults and their healthcare provider by helping them understand critical components about preconception health care, life planning, health insurance (including pre- and post-doctor dialogues, information about access to care)
- Empowering young adults to become health advocates in their communities by getting involved with Show Your Love and partners – as a Show Your Love Ambassador or sharing Show Your Love information on Twitter (@SYL_Today) and Facebook (www.Facebook.com/ShowYourLoveToday)
- The Show Your Love resource and campaign focuses on women and men ages 18 and 44. The campaign is designed to activate young adults who are currently planning to become pregnant, as well as those who do not wish to enter pregnancy.